President: Graham ROBERTSON (United Kingdom)
Immediate Past President: Michael SPARKS (Australia)
- John ALLEGRANTE (USA, Vice President for Fundraising and Marketing)
- Linda CAMBON (France, Vice President for Administration)
- José Luis CASTRO (USA and France, Vice President for Finance and Internal Control)
- Shu-Ti CHIOU (Taiwan)
- Paolo CONTU (Italy, Vice President for Communications)
- Hua FU (China)
- Vertti KIUKAS (Finland, Vice President for Advocacy)
- Bengt LINDSTROM (Denmark)
- Erma MANONCOURT (France, Vice President for Membership)
- Louise POTVIN (Canada, Vice President for Scientific Affairs)
- Marilyn RICE (USA, Vice President for Conferences)
- Trevor SHILTON (Australia, Vice President for Partnerships and Institutional Affairs)
- Stephan VAN DEN BROUCKE (Belgium, Vice President for Capacity Builiding, Education and Training)
Elected Regional Vice-Presidents:
- Bojana BERIC-STOJSIC (USA, Regional Vice President of the IUHPE/NARO)
- Bjarne BRUUN JENSEN, (Denmark, Regional Vice President for the IUHPE/EURO)
- Masamine JIMBA (Regional Vice President of the IUHPE/NPWP)
- Dominique KONDJI-KONDJI (Cameroon, Co-Regional Vice President of the IUHPE/AFRO)
- Davison MUNODAWAFA (Congo, Co-Regional Vice President of the IUHPE/AFRO)
- Lourdes E. SOTO (Puerto Rico, Regional Vice President of the IUHPE/ORLA)
- Sione TU’ITAHI (Regional Vice President of the IUHPE/SWP)
Additional Regional Vice-Presidents will be announced once elections have been held in South-East Asia.
The Executive Board governs and administers the IUHPE on behalf of the General Assembly.
it elects the global Vice Presidents, at its first ordinary session following the World Conference; the elected Vice Presidents hold office until the following World Conference. Following such election by the Executive Board, they are eligible to be reelected to the same office on only one further consecutive occasion. Their roles and responsibilities are laid down in Article 13 and detailed in Annex B of the Bye-Laws
it determines policies, strategies and integrated work programmes for the Organisation;
it reviews, approves and disseminates position statements which clarify and promote the policies of the IUHPE;
it reviews and approves a triennial integrated Work Plan;
it considers and approves annual accounts, provisional budgets, financial proposals, and financial reports on past and future activities. It appoints a Committee of Internal Control and receives the CIC report on financial and staff governance, as well as on risk management.
it approves the Global and Regional Bye-Laws, and their amendment as laid down in Article 23 ;
it votes on urgent measures undertaken on its behalf by the President;
it screens and selects potential hosts for future World Conferences on the basis of previously established criteria;
it is empowered to fill vacancies among global members of the Executive Board
it is empowered to terminate the membership of any member who brings the IUHPE into disrepute.
The Executive Board comprises:
the President, elected by the Executive Board for a term of three years, from among its elected members, at an extraordinary session of the incoming Executive Board, immediately following the completion of that Board. A President thus elected shall be eligible to stand for reelection for only one additional term.
the immediate past-President;
a maximum of twelve global members, elected by the General membership;
a maximum of three global members appointed by the Executive Board to ensure that financial and legal requirements are met.
the Regional Vice-Presidents
They are elected for a term of three years.