The International Union for Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE) is a unique worldwide, independent and professional association of individuals and organisations committed to improving the health and wellbeing of the people through education, community action and the development of healthy public policy.
The vision of the IUHPE is a world where all people achieve optimum health and wellbeing.
The values critical to the achievement of this vision include:
- Respect– for the innate dignity of all people; for cultural identity; for cultural diversity; and for natural resources and the environment;
- Inclusion and involvement of people in making the decisions that shape their lives and impact upon their health and wellbeing;
- Equity in health, social and economic outcomes for all people;
- Accountability and transparency – within governments, organisations and communities;
- Social justice for all people; and
- Compassion and empowerment.